Tuesday, April 13, 2010

City Permit & Brick Work

This morning I again went to the city borough office to apply for the permit and the subsidies. I am getting pretty good at finding my way since I think it is the 5th time I walk my body over there. For the project we need a separate permit for the masonry since it is considered a patrimonial house (construction year 1915) and the brick is really rare. The brick was made in Scotland between 1915 and 1920 so any substitutes needs to be approved by the city of Montreal. Because of that we can apply for a subsidy that could cover 30% of the restoration cost (Like the city gentlemen told me, it is not renovation but restoration) so I could see the dollar sign in his eyes.

Here a drawing from Lisa (our architect) of the planed restoration

I apologize for any English syntax and grammar error; Joanna did not have the time to read me before the posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment